nvesting in the best training tools for employees will be the smartest thing you can do to improve the performance of your employees in 2024. 94% of employees prefer to remain with a company that invests in their training.
However, there are a lot of poor employee training tools out there. Such tools can result in decreased productivity, diminished morale, and even lower quality products or services in your organization. This is because employees who are not trained with the best tools can’t perform their jobs to the best of their abilities. They may even make mistakes that cost your organization a lot of money.
The good news is we have invaluable information on the best employee training tools you should use. This blog post will discuss the essential training tools and give some examples to guide you in making the right choice.
Here’s a quick rundown of the tools.
👩🎓 LMS training tools
- 360 Learning
🎥 Video conferencing
- Zoho Meeting
📚 Knowledge hubs
- Udemy Business
🖼 Content Creators
📆 Project managers
Ready to improve your employees’ performance with the best tools for training and development?
Let’s check out the tools!
What Are Corporate Training Tools?
Corporate training tools are any type of software or technology used to deliver training to employees within a company. Most of the training tools are internet-based, and they include eLearning platforms and even mobile apps.
The goal of online training tools is to make it easier and more effective for employees to learn new skills and knowledge so that they can be more successful in their jobs.
The best tools for training are those that meet the needs of your employees and your organization. It’s important to choose user-friendly training tools that fit with your company’s culture and values. The right tools can make a huge difference in the quality of the training experience.
Why Use Them?
In today's ever-changing world, employees need to be able to adapt and learn new things quickly. Tools of training and development make that possible. Some of the many benefits of using corporate training tools in the workplace include the following:
- Corporate training tools allow employees to learn new skills and improve their performance, enhancing the overall productivity of the company.
- They help to facilitate cohort-based training, which has proven to be more effective than traditional training methods.
- They can help companies keep track of employee progress and ensure that employees meet their goals.
- Corporate training tools also help create a more positive environment and reduce turnover by ensuring that employees can meet the demands of their jobs.
Top Training Tools for Employees That Actually Improve Productivity
The top training tools for employees are those that address the needs of the employees and are specific to the company's culture and values. They are designed to help employees improve their productivity, stay organized, stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, and achieve much more. Let’s discuss a few of them.
LMS - Employee Training Tools
A Learning Management System (LMS) is one of the top employee training tools. LMSs are used to deliver, track and manage training courses and programs. They can be used to train employees on a variety of topics, including soft skills, customer service, sales, marketing, etc.
In recent years, Learning Management Systems have become a significant aspect of corporate eLearning. Due to a consistent rise in LMS usage, the global corporate eLearning market is projected to experience a CAGR of about 8% between 2019 and 2025.
An LMS offers employees greater flexibility in terms of when and where they can access training materials. This can be particularly beneficial for employees who have busy schedules or live in remote locations. EducateMe, Eduflow, AcademyOcean, 360Learn, and iSpring Learn are top examples of LMS.
EducateMe is an all-in-one LMS platform for creating and managing cohort-based courses. It is a leading cohort-based corporate training tool that allows corporate trainers to build their learning infrastructure using its powerful features. EducateMe facilitates learners’ engagement and enriches the overall training experience.
Features of EducateMe
- Live Sessions: Many online learning programs are hindered by frequent loss of communication. EducateMe's live session feature allows you to create mastermind sessions where your employees and their knowledge are the main value of the session.
- Meetings Recording: You may use the platform to record your training classes, and the lesson materials are automatically saved for later use. With limitless storage space available, you can access all previous lessons with ease.
- Feedback tools: With multiple feedback tools available, you can get prompt feedback from training participants. This feedback mechanism allows you to give swift responses and also makes the training process and training resources better.
Pros of EducateMe
- EducateMe is an easy-to-use LMS with a top-notch user interface.
- You can automate the management of your daily tasks.
- EducateMe automatically saves and links your Zoom recordings.
- To boost student engagement and save time, you can integrate the following tools: Zoom, Jitsi, Notion Content, Google Calendar, and Loom.
Cons of EducateMe
EducateMe doesn’t have a mobile application at this time.
Eduflow is an LMS software with an excellent in-built authoring tool to create engaging courses quickly. It allows higher education institutions and corporate trainers to create courses, monitor learners' engagement, set deadlines, and accomplish more using their unified platform.
Features of Eduflow
- Attendance-tracking feature to help you keep a record of learners’ participation.
- Reusable PDFs, PPTs, and video templates for creating new course content.
- Due date notifications function for compliance management.
Pros of Eduflow
- Eduflow has good engagement features for corporate training.
- They offer 24/7 (Live Rep) customer support.
- You can use Eduflow as your solitary LMS or integrate it with another LMS.
Cons of Eduflow
- Eduflow doesn’t have gamification strategies as a part of its interface.
- A system to identify and assess a cohort’s strengths and weaknesses is absent.
Academyocean is an eLearning platform that allows educators to design and deliver interactive and engaging online courses. Academyocean is designed to be a one-stop shop for educators looking to digitize their learning experience. The platform is helpful for training employees, onboarding customers, and planning with business partners.
Features of Academyocean
- It has a customizable course builder.
- Integrations with third-party apps and services.
- Good classroom management capabilities.
Pros of Academyocean
- The platform has multimedia elements to enhance course content.
- It has good tracking and measurement tools to monitor activities and performances.
- There is support for multiple languages.
Cons of Academyocean
- There is no integration to automatically export leads to email marketing or CRM tools.
- Their price starting from $225 per month is quite pricey.
360Learning is a cloud-based learning platform designed to help organizations create, manage, and measure the impact of remote learning and training programs. The platform is designed to be used by all types of organizations, from large global corporations to small businesses.
Features of 360Learning
- 360Learning has an easily customized, branded learning portal that can be used to deliver online course materials, resources, and other content.
- Professional content creation tools, such as PowerPoint and video, are available to create, edit, and share course materials and manuals.
- The platform integrates with assessment tools, including surveys, quizzes, and exams, to measure learning outcomes.
Pros of 360Learning
- You can optimize the learning experience with features such as personalized learning paths and individualized content.
- The platform provides comprehensive analytics and reports to track and measure the effectiveness of your training.
Cons of 360Learning
- There are technical bugs that occasionally slow down its functionality and cause poor user experience.
- Getting direct support could be difficult as there are few options for it.
iSpring is an LMS that allows trainers to create interactive courses and learner assessments without having tech skills. It has a number of features that ensure eLearning success for any organization. Creating training content with PowerPoint is made easy on iSpring.
Features of iSpring
- Text-to-speech: You can create professional voiceovers in 42 languages for your courses. This text-to-speech feature helps you train more people around the globe by communicating with them in their respective languages.
- Video Editor: This feature helps you add beautiful graphics, sound, transitions, and text to your training videos. You can also trim and merge videos without any hassle.
- Content Library: You can access a large number of images and well-made templates to aid your course creation. Not only will the content library save your time and reduce the amount of effort you invest, but it also gives good results.
Pros of iSpring
- It is user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- It offers a wide range of features and options.
- It integrates seamlessly with other software applications.
Cons of iSpring
- The reporting feature has some limitations, as it could be challenging to create custom reports.
- There are no social learning discussion boards on the learner portal.
Video Conferencing Tools
Video conferencing tools are software programs that allow two or more people in different locations to communicate with each other in real-time using video and audio. The tools may also include features such as text chat, file sharing, and screen sharing. Some examples of video conferencing tools are Zoom and Zoho Meeting.
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing tool you can use to meet virtually with other people. You can use Zoom to give presentations, share your screen, and chat with other people in real-time. You can also record your Zoom meetings to share with others later. When information is delivered using video rather than just text, people are 95% more likely to remember it.
Zoom offers a free basic subscription and paid subscriptions with more features. Whether you use the free or paid version, Zoom is a great way to stay connected with other people. It has proven to be one of the most popular tools for online training in recent years,
Features of Zoom
- Zoom has high-quality video and audio.
- It has mobile apps for iOS and Android devices.
- You can share your screen or a specific window.
Pros of Zoom
- Zoom is very user-friendly, with a well-designed interface that even beginners can use easily.
- With Zoom, you can easily share your screen with other participants and even share documents.
- You can record your meetings.
Cons of Zoom
- High-quality Zoom video calls require a strong, reliable internet connection and can be difficult to maintain in areas with limited bandwidth.
- Zoom has been subject to a number of security and privacy concerns, including the risk of Zoom-bombing (unauthorized meetings) and potential data breaches.
Zoho Meeting is a web conferencing solution that helps you host online meetings and webinars. With Zoho Meeting, you can share your screen, give presentations, and collaborate with others in real-time. You can also record your meetings and share the recordings with others.
Features of Zoho Meeting
Some of the key features of Zoho Meeting are:
- A user-friendly web conferencing solution that is affordable and easy to use.
- Offers HD video and audio quality.
- Robust feature set that includes screen sharing, video conferencing, meeting recordings, and more.
- Integrates with popular third-party applications such as Google Calendar, Outlook, and others.
Pros of Zoho Meeting
- Users can join meetings from a web browser without needing to download and install the Zoho app.
- The software has all the essential features that facilitate smooth meetings for a video conferencing tool.
Cons of Zoho Meeting
- Zoho Meeting has a limit of 100 attendees. You have to upgrade to Zoho Webinar if you need to have more participants for your meeting.
- The tool lacks some fancy features found in other video conferencing tools, e.g., a smart assistant.
Knowledge hubs for employee training are digital spaces where employees can access learning resources and content to help them acquire new skills, develop existing abilities, and gain knowledge related to their job.
They often include a variety of tools, such as videos, e-courses, webinars, articles, quizzes, and more, which provide employees with a comprehensive and personalized learning experience.
By providing employees with an environment for access to relevant information and resources, knowledge hubs can help them stay up-to-date with industry standards. Some examples of knowledge hubs for employee training are Udemy and Coursera.
Udemy provides over 200,000 courses on marketing, finance, software development, and more.
Features of Udemy
- Udemy's user interface is designed with both new and experienced users in mind, making it easy to navigate, use, and understand.
- Udemy allows users to track their progress on each course with an integrated progress bar.
- Users can interact with colleagues and ask questions in Udemy's community forums.
Pros of Udemy
- The Udemy platform is accessible anytime and from any device with internet connection.
- Their 30-day Refund Policy allows you to get a refund if a paid course didn't meet your expectation.
Cons of Udemy
- Udemy courses may not always be of the highest quality. Courses have the potential to be outdated or contain inaccurate information.
- Prices of some Udemy courses keep changing, most times without notice.
Coursera is an online learning platform that provides over 5000 courses covering a variety of topics, including business, computer science, and healthcare.
Features of Coursera
- Self-Paced Learning: Coursera lets you tailor your learning experience to your own needs, allowing you to learn at your own pace, even if the course has a set timeframe.
- Diversity: Their curriculum offers variety and covers a wide range of courses from humanities to business and science.
Pros of Coursera
- Affordable: Many courses are free, and those with a fee usually carry much lower costs than typical college courses.
- Expert Instructors: Coursera offers courses taught by some of the most distinguished professors from prestigious universities around the world.
Cons of Coursera
- "Beginner" level courses typically require course participants to have good prior knowledge about the subject.
- No certificate is given after completing Coursera’s free courses.
Content creation tools are invaluable for cohort-based employee training. They include authoring tools to create interactive modules, video production and editing software, presentation software, course management systems, etc. These tools enable trainers to create and deliver materials in a variety of formats. Some examples of content creators are Canva and Camtasia.
Canva is a user-friendly graphic design platform used to create beautiful designs such as posters, banners, logos, presentations, and more. It’s available online and on mobile and used by millions of professionals worldwide. Canva is a vital employee training tool with plenty of features to customize and make unique designs.
Features of Canva
- Drag and drop interface.
- Fonts from Google Fonts library.
- Hundreds of templates to start your design.
Pros of Canva
- Simplicity: Canva requires no design skills to get started and allows users to create stunning art quickly and easily.
- Cost-savings: Canva is far more affordable than hiring a professional designer, allowing businesses to save on design costs.
Cons of Canva
- The output formats for your projects are quite limited. For example, there’s no ‘export to PSD’ option.
- Canva free version doesn’t allow exporting images having transparent backgrounds.
Online communication tools enable people to connect, interact, and exchange information in ways that weren't possible before. They are helpful for employee training. Examples of online communication tools include instant messaging, video chat, email, social media, and forums. Email is a useful tool for quickly delivering updates and training materials. Trainers can send out emails with links to resources and news about changes with training schedule. Gmail is an excellent example of communication tools.
Gmail is a free email service provided by Google. It includes features such as storage space, labels, and filters, which allow users to organize their emails and prioritize them according to their needs. Users can also sync their Gmail account with other applications, such as Google Drive and Calendar, allowing them to access important messages and files on the go.
Pros of Gmail
- Gmail is secure, with Google's state-of-the-art encryption keeping your emails and data safe from hackers and other malicious threats.
- It has excellent spam filtering capabilities.
- It integrates seamlessly with other Google products, such as Google Drive, Google Calendar.
Cons of Gmail
- Ads: Some users can find Google’s targeted advertisements intrusive.
- Spam Filtering: While Gmail does a decent job of filtering out spam, some users still find that legitimate emails can get caught up in the filters and go undetected.
Project management tools are software and applications designed to help organizations plan, manage, complete projects and tasks, and deliver training. Common features include task management, scheduling, time tracking, collaboration, reporting, and many others. Popular examples of project management tools include Trello, Asana, Smartsheet, and Monday.com.
Trello is an easy-to-use project management and collaboration tool that helps teams of all sizes organize and track their projects. Users can assign tasks to themselves or other members of the team, set due dates and deadlines for specific tasks, and view progress on their tasks in real-time. With its intuitive design, Trello makes it easy to create and share boards, lists, and cards. You can also make comments on them and organize tasks.
Pros of Trello
- Easy to use and navigate.
- Highly versatile and customizable.
- Simple drag-and-drop feature.
Cons of Trello
- Task management capabilities are somewhat limited.
- Not a full-featured project management system.
- No resource or budget management tools.
Strategies for Getting the Most Out of Your Employee Training Tools
1. Identify Business Goals: It is essential to clearly define the business goals you wish to achieve with your employee training tools before purchasing or deploying any tools. This will ensure that your training tools fit your organization’s overall strategy and can help you focus on the areas that need the most attention.
2. Focus on engagement: Engagement is key to getting the best out of your tools of training. Look for tools that will engage your employees and keep them interested in the training session.
3. Use performance tracking: Performance tracking is a great way to measure the effectiveness of your employee training tools. Track progress and measure improvements in skills and knowledge to ensure the training is having the desired effect.
4. Allow for feedback: Feedback is essential in determining whether a training tool is effective. Ask employees to give their feedback on each tool and make changes where necessary.
Make Employee Training a Breeze with EducateMe
Employee training doesn’t have to be complicated. It can be a breeze with EducateMe, the powerful and easy-to-use Learning Management System.
EducateMe is an all-in-one LMS that provides businesses with an efficient platform for creating effective training courses in a collaborative learning environment. It is fully customizable and integrates with popular applications.
Using EducateMe will make your employee training streamlined and efficient. Your organization can save time and money while providing employees with a seamless training experience.